This model is not produced anymore. Please click here for the new model: CAS touch!
The CAS particle charge measurement system takes traditional methods of measuring Streaming Potential and establishes a new era of technology and comfort in particle charge analysis. Using industry accepted techniques of titration CAS determines cationic / anionic and acid / base demands of aqueous charge systems. Both Streaming Potential (mV) and pH are measured simultaneous. Making it possible to easily determine isoelectric and flocculation points of a sample.
How the CAS differs from conventional charge detectors is its integrated titrator and the use of a modern and user-friendly PC software. No longer is it necessary to have separate devices - Charge Detector, pH Meter, Thermometer, Titrator - to conduct charge analysis. The CAS brings it all together in one simple to use portable package. The instrument comes with a highly accurate computer-controlled dosing pump. Expensive external titrators are no longer necessary. The integrated titrator also eliminates the need for hand titrations, saves time and increases accuracy. Essential in busy labs and situations where the consumption rate is very low.
The user-friendly and powerful PC-software allows for easy handling and transfer of test results. Data can be stored, analysed, exported to Excel or e-mailed from one platform. The CAS system comes with a temperature compensated pH-detector. This feature allows determination of the isoelectric point (IEP), but also the examination of the correlation
between pH, Titrant Demand and Streaming Potential.
- Mains voltage: 100-240 VAC, 45-65 Hz
- Weight: 9 kg
- 16 kg incl. case and accessories
- Device dimensions: 195 x 335 x 240 mm (WxHxD)
- Sample requirements:
- Min Sample Volume: 10 ml
- Max Sample Conductivity: 11 mS/cm
- Sample with much higher conductivity can be measured by selective sample preparation.
- Dosing system:
- Selectable stop-condition:
- pH 0 – 14
- mV -2000 – +2000
- 0 – 25 ml anionic / cationic demand
- 0 – 25 ml acid / base demand
- stop by user
- Resolution 10 ?l
- Selectable stop-condition:
- Analytical findings:
- Streaming potential resolution: 1 mV
- measuring range: -4000 – +4000 mV
- pH resolution: 0,01 pH
- measuring range: pH 0 – 14
- Demand of titrant resolution: 1 ?l
- Included accessories:
- Measuring cell
- Displacement piston
- pH electrode
- Pipette 10 ml
- Screen for filtrating
- 0,001 N PVS-Na 100 ml
- 0,001 N PolyDadmac 100 ml
- PC Software
- Power cable, USB cable
- Integrated dosing system with high accuracy, no external titrator required!
- Completely compatible measuring results to common charge detectors with external titrator.
- Optional second integrated dosing pump
- Easy operation of the internal dosing unit, no complex titratorhandling
- Easy change of titration solution by dosage system with minute dead volume. No dismantling and cleaning, only rinsing necessary.
- Compact construction, only one device.
- Integrated pH-measurement with automatic temperature compensation.
- All functions monitored by micro-controller.
- High accuracy measuring by using modern electronic components, by applying a new concept of internal measurement processes and digital measuring data processing by micro-controller and PC software.
- Connection to PC via USB.
- High-performance and user-friendly PC software to set parameters and display, evaluate and save the titration curves.
- Easy menu-guided calibration of the pH probe.
- Can be operated not only as a stand-alone equipment, but also in combination with PC software.
- Default standard titration procedures and customer-specific processes can be stored in the CAS via the PC software.
- Fix increment titration, dynamic titration and back-titration are selectable from given procedures or are free configurable.
- Not necessary to set the system to different mains voltages.